Awarding excellence in corporate identity
After last year's LogoLounge jury, this year I have the honor to participate in Identity's Best of the Best international jury along with design legends I've been looking up to for many years. Here are the jurors:
- Ruth Klotzel — Vice-president of ICOGRADA, founder of Estudio Infinito (Brazil);
- Minato Ishikawa — Founder of Minato Ishikawa Associates Inc. (Japan);
- Ivan Chermayeff — Co-founder of Chermayeff & Geismar (USA);
- Emma Booty — Creative director of London office (Landor Associates, UK);
- Ken Cato — Co-founder and chairman of Cato Purnell Partners (Australia);
- Prof. Erik Spiekermann — Founder of MetaDesign and Fontshop, member of German Design Council, president of the ISTD, International Society of Typographic Designers (Germany);
- Cristian "Kit" Paul — Co-founder and creative director of Brandient (Romania);
- David Carson — Founder and principle of David Carson Design (USA);
- Alexander Faldin — Founder and art director of fallindesign (Russia);
- Tony Spaeth — Independent brand consultant, founder of identityworks.com (USA).
From Identity's press release:
The international award scheme, now in its second year, is designed to recognise excellence in logos, trademarks and corporate identity.
In 2006, 970 submissions from 26 countries resulted in 10 prizes. View the results.
This year two new categories have been added and the award scheme has been endorsed by Icograda. Entries will compete within 12 categories (6 categories for logos and trademarks, and 6 categories for corporate identity and packaging).
I invite all Romanian designers to submit their work to Best of the Best 2007. We all have things to prove and misconceptions to turn around. We all need to get rid of the provincial status quo that plagues our industry and open up to the world.
In 2006 Brandient demonstrated the potential of Romanian design by winning the most awards and nominations in this international contest — now it's your turn.