23 Apr 2007, 5:11 PM

Tags: , , ,

Personal Better late

I never thought about horses nor equestrianism, not for more than 3 minutes, anyway — even if one of the recent posts is about sidewalk riding in Moscow — until a dear friend managed to convince me not only to get out of the city this weekend (not an easy job, people really knowing me are probably shocked already) but go see some horses.

Horse and trainer playing, Cristian -Kit- Paul, 2007

Horse and trainer playing, Cristian -Kit- Paul, 2007

Mr. Cezar Manolescu, an artist of gentle horse training.

Horse playing, Cristian -Kit- Paul, 2007

Cristian -Kit- Paul and horse, Richard Reens, 2007

I got a friend.

I started by curiosity and ended up loving every minute of it. Better late than never, they say.

Comments

23 Apr 2007, 5:53 PM

zuza:

aaawww, the last picture is soo cute ;;)

but anyway, I remember going as a kid (I was about 10) to see some equally beautiful horses somewhere here in Bucharest (on Timisoara blvd.) and also riding one. I was completely petrified to do that last thing, the poor horse was going really slow, but it sure felt like he was galloping. Such a crybaby :P

23 Apr 2007, 11:31 PM

Alia:

My only soft spot...

24 Apr 2007, 12:55 AM

Prislea:

:) :) :o) an idea for a Romania Libera advertising campaign? where the horse may be the public or the polical class ...but I wish we have such gentle & relaxed reporters...

24 Apr 2007, 11:08 PM

I thought about erasing that banner out, but I realized it's really unimportant. Press and politics mean nothing in that space, in those moments.

25 Apr 2007, 10:54 PM

Prislea:

Sponsors have their importance, especially for those sports that are not very popular. I am very fond of horses myself, and I know the costs to take care of such a beautiful animal are very high and so, every amount of money counts... ok, that was a pathetic introduction to my appollogies in doing the wrong association in the wrong context ': | sorry

26 Apr 2007, 9:49 AM

Don't worry, I wasn't offended. And you're right, the pictures would have been better without the noise of promotional messages.

28 Apr 2007, 11:53 AM

Richard:

I think the pics are great the way the are! But then, I can't read Romanian.

28 Apr 2007, 1:25 PM

Very special thanks for the last one, Richard.

30 Apr 2007, 2:23 AM

netstalker:

Where is that? I can remember a school trip to Avrig, where there were some stables with around fifty horses with famous ancestors or something like that. They told us then that the more curved a horses spine is the more noble it is, thus beeing more fit to be ridden. Anyway it was a really nice place and experience.

1 May 2007, 2:10 PM

andreanum:

Wow, beautiful pics indeed. Are they taken near Bucharest, in Corbeanca?
anywayz, if it wasn't for the font, the "Free romania" message works just fine.
Can I save&keep the last picture? I will not publish it somewhere else, just want to have it on my desktop. Can I? 10x.

1 May 2007, 2:30 PM

Yes, Corbeanca indeed.

As for the last one... damn, I thought people will prefer my pictures but then everybody seems to love the one shot by Richard instead. :)

2 May 2007, 2:27 PM

andreanum:

I like all of them, honestly I do, but the last one has something touching: is not only an image, but also a feeling, very tender, very moving, veru peaceful and quiet; is like u almost share the same dream with the horse...

12 Jan 2010, 5:30 PM

khalifh:

its good training

7 Dec 2010, 5:23 PM

maria:

say what????you have not idea of how is Mr. Cezar Manolescu treat the horses, how he beat them and how horrible he treats them...you should have spent more time around him to find that out