7 Jun 2007, 2:35 AM

Tags: , ,

Design Graphic design jokes

If you work with graphic designers or are one yourself you'll probably be interested in the only joke about graphic design that I know of. [Via Posterwire] Pay attention:

Q: How many graphic designers does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Our profession doesn't seem to be very fertile for making jokes about, don't you think? I have no clue why is that or whether it's a good thing or not. Are we a solemn species of unsmiling fellows?

No, not exactly — we're downright hysterically funny — but you have to admit that graphic design humor may be a little cryptic for the average outsider:

[Composed and performed by Burn Back. Via SpeakUp]

Everybody has a corpus of jokes — everybody! — from Auditors to Zookeepers. Except us. Somebody please explain this to me: are we — the oh, so magnificent graphic designers — so goddamn uninspiring?

Update 1: Whoa, a ton of typography jokes at Typographunnies!

Update 2: More typography jokes at Typophile.

Comments

7 Jun 2007, 12:32 PM

Zu:

Hi, I'll add two jokes to your list. I'll only put here the shorter one (that I enjoy most) and post the other on my blog, since it's a very long one:

A hamster and a rat were sitting on the side of a swimming pool. They were enjoying the sun. Suddenly the rat turned to the hamster and asked him:

- Dude, How come people consider me a noisance, and you a pet? How come people pay money to have you, while they are trying to kill me? How come you are considered a cute little animal, while I am considered creepy and disgusting? How come you live in a warm home, and I have to stay in the sewer?

So the hamster answered:

-It's branding, dude.

15 Jun 2007, 1:11 PM

Lucian Marin:

here's one:

possible new client: hello mr designer, somebody recommended you to work on my brand new company identity

designer: yes

possible new client: please tell me more about previous similar projects, what other logos have you done?

designer: hmm, well, actually this would be the first one!

20 Nov 2007, 7:09 PM

Rachel Goldstein:

:-) Funny post. I thought that your users would like this post about funny graphic design jokes, humor, & parodies - http://allgraphicdesign.com/graphicsblog/2007/10/29/funny-graphic-design-jokes-humor-satires-parody-anecdotes/ - I hope you enjoy.

Rachel

20 Nov 2007, 7:22 PM

Whoa, that's invaluable! Thank you, Rachel.

27 Apr 2008, 10:21 AM

Lester Cavestany:

Here's another funny site for graphic designers. http://www.lynnster.com/saints.html

Happy World Graphic Design Day!

25 Nov 2008, 1:15 PM

Goldberg:

Well, last time I laugh was when I read this article and then looked at my real salary... very ironic, doesn't it? :-D

14 Sep 2009, 5:29 AM

scott:

I can't really offer a new joke, but I like the one in the comment about the hamster and the rat, and the punchline... -It's branding, dude.
It is amazing what "branding" can sell, and that's no joke!

9 Jan 2010, 1:19 PM

vasare:

great article love the song! lol

22 Jan 2011, 7:13 AM

Aaronmark:

That's good & interesting jokes.

1 Feb 2011, 2:13 PM

AbnerJack:

Enjoy the funny quotes, they should make you smile! Short funny quotes are great because they are small enough to remember and funny enough to make you laugh.

30 Mar 2011, 10:14 AM

funny jokes:

An Englishman at an Indian's table in Surat saw a bottle of ale being opened, and all the beer, turned to froth, rushed out. The Indian, by repeated exclamations, showed his great amazement. - Well, what's so amazing in that? asked the Englishman. - Oh, but I'm not amazed at its coming out, replied the Indian, but how you managed to get it all in. - This makes us laugh, and it gives us a hearty pleasure. This is not because, say, we think we are smarter than this ignorant man, nor are we laughing at anything else here that it is our liking and that we noticed through our understanding. It is rather that we had a tense expectation that suddenly vanished..."