4 Aug 2007, 7:09 PM

Tags: , , , , , ,

Apple New hardware

MacBook Pro

Apple MacBook Pro, 15.4-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB DDR2 RAM etc etc etc.

Comments

4 Aug 2007, 9:49 PM

vlad:

congrats.
may great things come out of that...

4 Aug 2007, 11:03 PM

dragos:

niice

5 Aug 2007, 5:10 AM

Alexandre:

I must admit that I'm seriously considering about leaving my PC for a macbook...sounds evidence for you I presume...

5 Aug 2007, 5:45 PM

Dragos, it really is a nice machine, although a little different than my 5 years old PowerBook Titanium. There are good things, bad things and things I need to get used to. I'll try to write about that.

I hope it'll last for 5 years as well.

5 Aug 2007, 5:57 PM

It's common sense, Alexandre, haha! Now really, switching is no longer the adventure it used to be: with Bootcamp you can still be using the Windows applications you are used to or need to, while working on a very well designed machine and getting accustomed — at your own pace — to OS X operating system, Macintosh applications and Apple products' philosophy.

It's like having the best of both worlds.

5 Aug 2007, 6:02 PM

Thank you, Vlad. I think that fast computers allow designers to get away with working sloppy — I'll try to avoid that.

12 Aug 2007, 11:51 AM

Virgil :

Well, I think I will soon switch to a Mac. After reading your post about the new iMac improvements, I checked their website and my heart pumps faster since then:) I was wondering, Kit, did you purchase your new hardware from the romanian Apple store or did you make an online purchase? I try to find the best solution for me (I live in Romania)..

12 Aug 2007, 12:10 PM

Virgil:

It's me again, I realize that Apple could have only an online store for Romania, I wanted to ask you if you bought the Mac locally or from abroad. Thank you very much Kit.

12 Aug 2007, 12:11 PM

Virgil, I bought all the Apple equipment for my company during the last 5 years (around 15 computers, Aiport base stations, iPods, numerous accessories and software) from two sources: NouMax and iStyle (formerly MacGallery).

NouMax delivers them right to my office, while iStyle has a brick-and-mortar store you can visit and play with the stuff before you buy.

I do recommend them both.

12 Aug 2007, 2:34 PM

Virgil:

Thank you very much Kit, I'll take a look at them now. Seems that I found the source :) I've been thinking of making the switch from PC to Mac for some time, but the latest posts and feedback on a few blogs (yours very much included) made me decide. I've been reading a lot of Mac lately, it really seems the right platform for my activities.
Have a great Sunday Kit!