4 Mar 2009, 8:07 AM

Tags: , , ,

Photography Bucharest is dead

And then the chromosome remix got really wild, Cristian -Kit- Paul, Bucharest, 2008.

Little by little it all pertains to a previous life, Cristian -Kit- Paul, Bucharest, 2008.

The sadness would get bored and go away, Cristian -Kit- Paul, Bucharest, 2008.

Run, The Beast is cometh, cometh down, Cristian -Kit- Paul, Bucharest, 2008.

Vacation at the old school of psychic powers and paranormal phenomena, Cristian -Kit- Paul, Bucharest, 2008.

Not a sound, not a step, not a soul on the streets. Silence: the sound of extinction. Everything stands idle, abandoned. Monstrously overgrown weeds seizing hold of the deserted buildings. The drama is completely quiet—and unspeakable.

I am the only one left, the only survivor and I'll be posting this to my blog.

Do not attempt a rescue.

I repeat: do not rescue me from this dead Bucharest. Because I like it.

Comments

4 Mar 2009, 11:22 AM

ODWGOOG:

post apocalyptic dream, love it, congrats

5 Mar 2009, 1:04 PM

theTudor:

I wish more people would see the beauty of our overgrown little town - with many coach sized streets - we got early modernism - we go hidden art nouveau or art deco jewels (and by hidden i mean i bumped into a few accidentally in really rundown neighborhoods)

The curse and blessing of this is that it's unknown story to most :)

6 Mar 2009, 6:24 AM

gupi:

Strange, seeing these photos I have the same feelings I had when I firs saw Elena Filatova's site with photos from Chernobyl.

8 Mar 2009, 4:20 PM

Bucharest is a cocktail of two: the city and the hysteria.

Hysteria of a place squirming in pain while hacking at its own body—at war with itself.

Filter out that hysteria and you'll find lovely gems in the city—be that scraps of beauty, tiny miracles or a wealth of bitter-sweet melancholy.

14 Mar 2009, 7:31 AM

Maktaaq:

I'm glad you see the interesting, beautiful, eerie parts of Bucharest.

24 Mar 2009, 3:24 PM

Un vizitator pe forum-uri:

Everytime we watch a movie made in East Europe, we see the same type of pictures.

I never thought that my town (Timisoara) is "ugly" like other east european cities from those movies, but after I "studied" my town closely I realized that we have lots of ugly & old views around here.

...even an old-ugly-B/W(black/white) picture can have a different look ( and feeling) with colors and...more light.

13 May 2009, 12:27 PM

sayadinna:

wow this are some fine photos

19 May 2009, 5:17 PM

t.s.:

great pictorial dude. im into dead buc too.

8 Apr 2010, 4:45 AM

anazybat:

see the horror of this picture :-)